Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quilting works in progress

I'm so discouraged with my nine-patch quilt that I've been dying to complete it. It is going to charity and the purpose was to use up my fabric scraps before I bought anymore and to make a bright quilt for a good cause. I suppose I've met those goals but I don't like the quilt top very much.



I will probably piece the backing as well to use up more scraps.

In the meantime, I decided I wanted to work on something quick and easy. I'm using some Alexander Henry lemon fabric and a variety of others, mainly from JoAnns in this coin quilt. It's crib size. I'm calling it "Lemonade Stand".



Of course, my clever daughter saw my favorite fabric in it and said,

"It looks more like your lemon poppy seed bread; maybe you should call it "Lemon Poppy Seed" instead."

Maybe I will...

3 comments:

  1. The 9 patch is my favorite. Yellow is my favorite color and I like how you have showcased it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts! I love the name Lemonade Stand.

    ReplyDelete